Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I took the first section of the CPA exam last Thursday, the 11th. It was intense, brutal, and something I do not want to repeat again. I don’t want to think about my score on that thing, I just need to focus on the next one: BEC – February 27, 2010.

Something interesting about this exam today: I took it sick. One thing about me that you all might not know is that I don’t get sick very often. In fact, many times I pride myself of my ability to stay disease and sickness free while my friends and family contract every illness known to man…..well this week was a different story.


My illness all started on Monday night. As I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep, I noticed that my nose felt really stuffed up. NOT GOOD! Instantly, I jumped out of bed and ran into the living room to get a Kleenex….I thought to myself…I CANNOT afford to get sick this week, not this week. So I blow my nose, and drift away into peaceful sleep. 6 hours later, my alarm clock rudely awakens me, and what do I know…not only do I have a stuffy nose, but my throat is achy. NOT GOOD!


So...long story short, I got sick, took 2 days off from work and took the first section of the CPA exam...


I'm starting to learn that even if I fail the world won't end...it will keep on going, and i will keep on trying to pass this ridiculous exam.

1 comment:

julie kline said...

Hang in there! From my experience, the studying is lonely and often boring... but hopefully you'll learn to love the learning and if anything love the feeling of passing soon!!

Good luck studying this week. I found that Becker prepared me pretty well for BEC (REG, not so much, but what can you do).

It is a ridiculous exam. very ridiculous.